Wednesday 6 June 2012

IIFA 2012 in Singapore and My Tale to see it live

I am a fan of Bollywood like millions but was not having the patience to watch award shows on tv fully for 4 hrs or so. But when I first came to know in march 2012 that IIFA awards 2012 will be hosted in Singapore I was thrilled. I came to Singapore for my new job in 2012. This is my second stay after my initial stay from 2006 to 2009. Coming to about iifa awards now, I suddenly realised that it's such a coincidence that I am in Singapore now and this will be the best chance to watch any award show live and that too iifa awards will be a life time experience. I forgot to mention my wife is a hard core bollywood fan and will not miss any award show on tv even though she has to watch it alone as I always watch for some time and go to sleep. Now when I told her about the iifa she said this is it, I should see it live. Then started the exercise of searching for tickets available dates etc on Internet. To my surprise I saw on net that iifa 2011 which happened in toronto the 26000 tickes were sold out in 7 minutes of the start of sale. This made me shocked and worried too. Then it was mandatory that I know the exact date of sale so that I manage to get the tickets before they are sold off. Then finally came to know of the tickets sale date which happens on a Saturday. The date has arrived and finally when went online to book tickets I realised that kids below 8 years are not allowed. This is a shock for me as I have 5 year old son. Then what to do....book or not book......discussion with wife. The time is ticking the tickets are getting over fast.....so finally we decided to book tickets so that we request one of my friends family to look after my kid for a evening. By the time we decided that and went online again I was unable to get a couple tickets in any of the gallery as the options to select seats was not so user friendly. Got vexed after trying for sometime. Then thought th best way is to approach counter which was 15 min from my place . Rushed to the counter to be told that only one couple seat were left and all other seats were single seats. It may be luck of my wife I think I grabbed the tickets. I was thrilled somehow by seeing the tickets in hand. Called wife from there and she was happy we could manage tickes in the budget we could afford. After getting hom logged in again to check tickets for better seats and to m surprise the tickets in the budge we thought are sold out....... Had a sigh of peace that we could manage tickets. Although there were other tickets in higher price range which was not in reachable price as per our budget. Now this weeken June 9 is the event. Seeing all the videos on tv and net including twitter etc where updates are continuous that arriving of stars, rehearsals, stars posting pics is making my heart beat faster realising the bollywood stars so near to my plac now. In this all excitement got a update sharukh khan is not attending ....he was he sole of iifa for a lot of years.....so suddenly got sad.......but got update salman khan attending ...wow so suddenly got the excitement again. With a host of lot of celebrities attending it should be fun. As the days are nearing the excitement is raising..... Hope to enjoy my first live awards show that too like iifa with my dearest wife. This should be a memorable event..... Will post a blog after iifa about our experience at iifa. Hope I did not bore you all with my personal tale........

6 comments:

  1. hey awesome :D seeing stars sooo close by awesome awesome hope to see lot of snaps with Bollywood hunks and beauties :D have fun both of you :D

    Nice post keep writting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tks. Hope to get some near views of celebs. Also it is our first live show so want to enjoy it max.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful account! And great you would get to see so many stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow going to IIFA ... watching it LIVE!!!! super. will be memorable experience i am sure
    pics will add to the delight of the next post and also pls do break the post into paragraphs ... easier to read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tks. Do read my next blog which I wrote about my iifa exp. I wanted to load pics in that blog but then thought about legal issues since pics were not officially allowed in the awards.

    ReplyDelete